Vetting is the process of submitting advertisement materials for a formal and thorough examination by the Advertising Standards Panel (ASP) prior to the granting of approval or clearance for such materials to be publicized, aired or printed.
BASIC PRINCIPLES OF ADVERTISING
- All advertisements shall be legal, decent, honest, truthful, respectful and mindful of Nigeria?s culture.
- They should be prepared with a high sense of social responsibility and should avoid misinformation.
- All advertisements should confirm to the principles of fair competition generally accepted in business, and of fair comments expected in free human communication.
- The aim is to enhance public confidence in advertising and should always be in the interest of the consumer and wider society.
SCOPE AND APPLICATION
The vetting guidelines apply to:
- All individuals registered as Advertising Practitioners
- All organizations, corporate bodies and individuals which/who use advertising services
All advertisements and sales promotions require pre-exposure vetting before publication/screening. Turn-around time for obtaining approval are 8 hours, 16 hours, 24 hours, 48hours and 2 weeks respectively (conditions apply). It is a sanctionable offence to cause to be aired or published in the print, advertisements which have not been approved by the ASP.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, call 01- 773 3308 or visit any of our APCON offices to speak to a representative and get the required forms.